Thessaloniki is the second-largest city in Greece and the biggest city of Northern Greece. Starting from the 4th century BC, when the city was founded, Thessaloniki has been an important social, economic, commercial and cultural center. Historically it has always been a multiethnic, multicultural and open city, and remains this way up to nowadays.
Among the crucial drivers for the development of Thessaloniki and its character formation, were the city’s hub port and the geographical position, which are exactly the elements that make the city the Gateway for the Balkans and an important commercial center in the South of Balkans.
However, Thessaloniki would never become what it is without its bonds with Halkidiki.
Halkidiki is one of the most favored tourist destinations of Greece and one of the most developed resort areas of the Balkans. The Halkidiki Peninsula with its “three legs” every year acts as a magnet for millions of tourists, both from the nearby Thessaloniki, with which the peninsula has strong economic, commercial and touristic relationships, as well as from other regions of Greece, the Balkans, Eastern Europe, Germany and Scandinavia.
Over the last years the beauties of Halkidiki started appealing to other tourists as well, e.g. to those from China, Korea, Arab countries and Turkey.
Investment appeal of the real estate market of Thessaloniki and Halkidiki
The Thessaloniki and Halkidiki areas have become the center of attraction for investors from all over the world. The key investment interest lies with the real estate market, to be more precise – with the specific real estate market of the region, namely:
• commercial property in the City Center of Thessaloniki, the areas of the Port and the Western Suburbs
• hotels in the City Center of Thessaloniki and in Halkidiki
• apartments in the City Center of Thessaloniki and seaside houses at the city’s sea front
• vacation houses in Halkidiki
Sales of residential real estate are booming, given that the prices for residential property in this area still remains quite affordable, especially compared to Athens, Mykonos, Corfu and other regions. The potential investors will find enough offers of property for sale: both new-built projects and older houses, which can promise significant profit.
Why invest into real estate in Thessaloniki and Halkidiki?
• Buying property remains affordable and anyone can find enough offers on the real estate market.
• The cost of living also remains affordable.
• Close proximity to the Balkan countries and Turkey.
• The infrastructure of Thessaloniki and Halkidiki meets the European standards and is constantly being upgraded, which gives one’s investments additional value.
• The area remains a favored tourist destination all year round, especially among those who are into spiritual tourism or medical tourism.
The close proximity of Thessaloniki to the popular ski resorts of Northern Greece make the city an ideal attraction for excursions from the neighboring regions.
• Thessaloniki is one of the safest cities in Greece and an important cultural, educational and gastronomy center.
The city offers limitless choices for pastime, food and entertainment.
• Golden Visa: The Greek “Golden Visa”, attracting third-country nationals, is one of the key factors influencing the demand for investment property in
Thessaloniki and Halkidiki.The issuance of Greek “Golden Visas”, which provides the opportunity of lawful stay in Greece and free movement in
the EU to third-country nationals, has turned Northern Greece, and especially the Thessaloniki-Halkidiki axis, into an area of special investment interest.
The Greek “Golden Visa” is more affordable and grants more benefits than other similar visas, yet in addition it also allows to live and invest in one of the safest, most historic and beautiful cities of Europe!